Misplaced thread – moved to Gear Lists.
Topic
Feedback Sought: General Gear Lists for Two/Three-Day Trips
Become a member to post in the forums.
- This topic is empty.
Hey, this is supposed to be in the Gear Lists forum. It's being moved there. Please delete this post, admin. Thanks.
By improve, I assume you mean lighter. Here are my thoughts:
1.Both your gloves seem heavy for summer/autumn. liners should usually do.
2.Both of you can go a lot lighter on rain jackets. There are several 7-8 oz options. These mostly sit in your pack. I would go light. Dri Ducks are a good option.
3.Rain pants. Again, these mostly sit in your pack. Go light. I think mine are 6-7 oz. I rarely take them since I got a rain skirt. The skirt is much ligher and more comfortable in most conditions.
4.Consider trail running shoes. You'll be amazed how good it feels to have light feet. I have put my boots in the back of the closet for years now and have been much happier.
5.Tevas are a pretty heavy stream crossing/camp shoe. She might consider hiking in Tevas alone. A lot of long distance hikers do this well.
6. Those mugs are heavy. Many cheap light options here. I use the packaging cup for Easy Mac.
7.My wife and I prefer to cook in one pot and share. No separate bowls to carry or clean up.
8. A trash compactor bag will work well in place of the event bags
9.Consider an alcohol or esbit stove at some point. It can save some weight, especially on 2-3 day trips.
10. Check out Enlightened Equipment quilts for her online.
11. Leave the trowel at home for flowers. Dig with a rock at poop site. You won't miss it.
You may have lots of reasons you may "need" all of the things you have. I really don't think you do. If you want them and don't mind the extra weight, keep 'em.
Become a member to post in the forums.

