Light up your shelter with a DIY LED(light emitting diode) light.
I’m using a 12 led (12volt) replacement tail light/break light bul. Purchased at a mega truck stop off the tollway. Where the truckers shop.
led’s operate on low voltage. Resistors are used to reduce the vehicles 12 v down to whats required for the led’s. You cans see the resistors in the photos.
This is a project that is work-in-process. If you like tinkering, you may want to make one of these.
I will wire it so that only six diodes will be working when the battery is connected to the terminals. A small momentary on switch will be incorporated to make all 12 diodes light up for MEGA light requirements. The one photo shows 6 led’s lit up.
[urldecode=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v228/obijiwa/sub%20one/tool102.jpg]
[/url]
[urldecode=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v228/obijiwa/sub%20one/tool101.jpg]
[/url] The entire bulb is waterproof. Little resistors inside. Thing looks cool.
[urldecode=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v228/obijiwa/sub%20one/tool100.jpg]
[/url]
[urldecode=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v228/obijiwa/sub%20one/tool099.jpg]
[/url]
[urldecode=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v228/obijiwa/sub%20one/tool098.jpg]
[/url]
[urldecode=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v228/obijiwa/sub%20one/tool097.jpg]
[/url]
A few years ago I made this LED lite using a large diameter led. Snaps onto a nine volt battery.
[urldecode=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v228/obijiwa/2004_1217danspics0011.jpg]
[/url]
[urldecode=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v228/obijiwa/ultimtfrstrt008.jpg]
[/url]
I have mini survival kits in my autos and grab and run backpacks. The kits are contained in rectangular altoids tins. When I can get a round toit, I take a photo of one.


