Here’s a link to a preview of the REI 2014 line expected in Feb of 2014 …. noticed a few new additions to their lines ….
Topic
REI 2014 Gear … new tents, packs, etc.
Become a member to post in the forums.
- This topic is empty.
Where did you find this? Rei retail employees havent even seen this yet
Interesting, they are going to all water repellent down in the bags.
I wonder which favour of Dwr down they are using.
Where did you find this? Rei retail employees havent even seen this yet
In my REI experience the press usually gets to find out about stuff before the employees… although the employees will soon get a booklet and special deals to match…
That would be correct regarding the press. :)
…
Some interesting new/updated stuff. What better time to release an ultralight tent than after the return/warranty policy change, eh?
We have the Quarterdome T2 Plus from years ago. They have shaved weight considerably, but at the price of space. Our tent has 35 sq ft, and we can get our packs inside if we need to without feeling cramped. They have eliminated the T2 Plus, and the T2 is onloy 29 sq ft, with a very narrow foot end. Basically, there's enough space for your sleeping pad and your partner, that's it. I'm skeptical what they are calling the "avg min weight"–that's close to the fly pitch weight of the current tent, what do they consider the average minimum?
While I would like to have a lighter tent, I want all the function of the tent we have. Also, the doors don't look like they would be easy to exit out of, and I think they've eliminated some head room as well.
My buddy that works at REI told me last week about the Dash tent. So some employees are informed about these things.
Yumpin' Yimminy! The price for Kimtah parka and pants has SOARED!
Glad I got mine on sale before they fiddled with details on the "new" versions.
And STILL REI has kep the front pockets low, right where a waist belt will be, instead of high where they could act as vents and saved the weight and expense of pit zips.
The Kimtah has always been $239, at least as of Spring 2011. I bought the Kimtah pants when they were initially released, last year, and they were $189.
Become a member to post in the forums.

