I been looking into incorporating Dry-Baking into my overnight bushwalks for some time now.
A few Lightweight purchases from from the states, One such order was a Batchstovez Dry Baking Pot set, which comprises of a 12cm Aluminum anodized pot with handle as shown in the following images, included in the kit is a 10cm dry baking pot that sits inside the 12cm pot.

So far I baked two Blueberry muffins, Chocolate Cakes, banana muffins etc.



My chose of fuel is Alcohol, Methylated Spirits here in Australia. I've been conducting numerous tests in the past 4 weeks to find an ideal stove for me.
Three stoves I've found very effective are the Featherfire Stove from Packafeather.
MinibullDesigns Original Bongo Stove with some modifications to the wick
And lastly a Smokeeater908 Mini Heat ST Stove, both the minibulldesigns and smokeether908 stoves I am using the optional fuel feeder.



Out of the 3 stoves above my favourite is both the Featerfire Stove and the Minibulldesigns Original Bongo stove with the SS Remote and a modified Wick.
The modification I done to the wick on the bongo stove is I have shortened it to just below the top of the stove.

I've found with the original wick on the bongo stove there was to high a heat output from the stove for dry baking, Dry baking you want a low heat output.
The Mini Heat Stove I've found is a stove I've had to baby sit during the cooking process as it would not maintain a constant heat output throughout the baking process as the prior two stoves. It's not my stove of chose for dry baking.
I like to dry bake at a lower heat output than what I've witnessed most are. Average baking times depending on what I'm baking is between 25 minutes to 45 minutes to bake.
I chose to use Packet Mixes that only require water and or eggs. As a substitute for eggs I chose to use Powdered eggs premixed into zippy bags. One packet I divide into 4 zippy bags with powdered eggs mixed in if the mixture requires eggs. In camp I than add the required water.
The BatchStovez pots are Hard Anodized with bail handle on the 12 cm pot.
I good tip I've found to help to reduce the heat output of your alcohol Stoves is to add apx 10% water to Methylated Spirits supplied in Australia.
I'm currently running some tests with various amounts of water added with the Mini Bull Designs Bongo Stove. A wick slightly above the top of the Bongo Stove is required if you add water to the fuel. Adding water reduces the build up of soot under your stoves.
Fuel Consumption with both the Mini Bull Designs Stove and Featherfire Stove is one ounce of fuel per half hour dry baking.


