Topic

Yet another cheap-o plastic tarp thread

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
PostedAug 26, 2013 at 5:33 am

I decided to make another plastic tarp, with some improvements that I have learned over the years, and document it on my blog:

http://cesarandthewoods.blogspot.se/2013/08/update-and-improvements-to-my-favorite.html

Will probably buy another roll of plastic to mess around with, unless I can find some Tyvek over here, which I have been very curious to try out too. I think Tyvek would make for a great winter tarp, just to keep the snow/wind off of you, and it's much tougher than regular plastic sheeting. Also, great camouflage in the snow too, if you are stealth winter camping ;)

Jerry Adams BPL Member
PostedAug 26, 2013 at 7:10 am

Good ideas.

Tyvek would be good camouflage except for the big red "TYVEK" printed on it : )

I've done plastic tarps like that for several nights.

PostedAug 30, 2013 at 1:23 pm

The red lettering is only on one side, so if one puts that part of it on the inside, shouldn't affect camouflaging that much. Overall I like tyvek home wrap, but it is a bit heavy, and worse it packs pretty bulky.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Loading...