Topic

Trip Ideas

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Sean M BPL Member
PostedAug 25, 2013 at 1:42 pm

So I plan to take my girlfriend, while she has been before it means we wont be doing a huge long distance trip, lets say 5-10 miles. I am looking for some spots that are no more than 1 1/2 hours out of the Clovis/Fresno area. I hope to leave this coming Sat. so permits may be an issue and hikes not requiring one would be preferred, as well as bear canisters since we don't have.

Any ideas? if you need more detail just let me know. Thanks

Sean M BPL Member
PostedAug 25, 2013 at 1:51 pm

Sorry, I should mention we are leaving Sat morning then coming home Sunday afternoon, so 5-10 miles in and 5-10 miles out is fine.

Paul Wagner BPL Member
PostedAug 25, 2013 at 4:58 pm

Then you are quite close to Dinkey Lakes, Jennie Lake, and SEKI…all of which offer wonderful backpacking trips of the type you are seeking. We have some on our website…but really, you live in an ideal location for these!

backpackthesierra.com

Sean M BPL Member
PostedSep 3, 2013 at 9:20 pm

I took a look at the site, excellent resource we recently did the Dinkey Lakes )Mystery Lake/Swede Lake) but I didn't like the drive; the last 21 miles of that is slow rough terrain. Do you have any destinations that are easier to get to, any suggestions?

Jeff Sims BPL Member
PostedSep 3, 2013 at 10:38 pm

I am not sure if the area burned up but Twin Lakes is a great short hike (I think the first lake is 4 miles) it starts at Badger Flats Camp ground just above Huntington lake lake. I took my dad here last year and he had a great time. call the ranger station in Prather and check it out. If it did not burn I plan on taking my 8 year old next year after the thaw

See the pics

http://s62.photobucket.com/user/abbaman/library/twin%20lake%20solo?sort=3&page=1

or

http://s62.photobucket.com/user/abbaman/library/twin%20with%20pop?sort=3&page=1

Best,

Jeff

Bob Gross BPL Member
PostedSep 3, 2013 at 10:58 pm

"it starts at Badger Flats Camp ground just above Shaver lake."

Actually, it is above Huntington Lake.

–B.G.–

Jeff Sims BPL Member
PostedSep 3, 2013 at 11:00 pm

Good catch, you are correct. I was slackin for not looking it up. great short hike though…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Loading...