Topic

Trip Ideas

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Trip Planning Trip Ideas

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Sean M
    BPL Member

@zvolen

Locale: CA Central Valley

So I plan to take my girlfriend, while she has been before it means we wont be doing a huge long distance trip, lets say 5-10 miles. I am looking for some spots that are no more than 1 1/2 hours out of the Clovis/Fresno area. I hope to leave this coming Sat. so permits may be an issue and hikes not requiring one would be preferred, as well as bear canisters since we don't have.

Any ideas? if you need more detail just let me know. Thanks

Sean M
    BPL Member

@zvolen

Sorry, I should mention we are leaving Sat morning then coming home Sunday afternoon, so 5-10 miles in and 5-10 miles out is fine.

Paul Wagner
    BPL Member

@balzaccom

Locale: Wine Country

Then you are quite close to Dinkey Lakes, Jennie Lake, and SEKI…all of which offer wonderful backpacking trips of the type you are seeking. We have some on our website…but really, you live in an ideal location for these!

backpackthesierra.com

Sean M
    BPL Member

@zvolen

I took a look at the site, excellent resource we recently did the Dinkey Lakes )Mystery Lake/Swede Lake) but I didn't like the drive; the last 21 miles of that is slow rough terrain. Do you have any destinations that are easier to get to, any suggestions?

Jeff Sims
    BPL Member

@jeffreytsims

Locale: So. Cal

I am not sure if the area burned up but Twin Lakes is a great short hike (I think the first lake is 4 miles) it starts at Badger Flats Camp ground just above Huntington lake lake. I took my dad here last year and he had a great time. call the ranger station in Prather and check it out. If it did not burn I plan on taking my 8 year old next year after the thaw

See the pics

http://s62.photobucket.com/user/abbaman/library/twin%20lake%20solo?sort=3&page=1

or

http://s62.photobucket.com/user/abbaman/library/twin%20with%20pop?sort=3&page=1

Best,

Jeff

Bob Gross
    BPL Member

@b-g-2-2

Locale: Silicon Valley

"it starts at Badger Flats Camp ground just above Shaver lake."

Actually, it is above Huntington Lake.

–B.G.–

Jeff Sims
    BPL Member

@jeffreytsims

Locale: So. Cal

Good catch, you are correct. I was slackin for not looking it up. great short hike though…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools