Looks like they have followed suit with REI. I asked the 'live help' chat and they said they changed it mid June, about a week after REI. I have to imagine BC and REI's exec's called a meeting and said enough was enough.
"HOW DO I RETURN OR EXCHANGE AN ORDER?
Not stoked on your gear? Looking to return it or make an exchange? No problem. If your new and unused gear just doesn’t fit your needs, we will issue you a full refund. If your gear fails, at anytime, we will also issue you a full credit. No questions asked.
• You can return your new purchase at anytime after purchase
o Products must be in the condition you received them in and the original box and/or packaging
• We do accept used gear – as long as it is received within 90 days of purchase date – and we will issue a credit for full purchase price:"

