Topic

Disposable Driducks Parcho

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Troy Ammons BPL Member
PostedAug 24, 2013 at 3:25 pm

Finally got around to it. Very thin and probably fragile stuff and I just wanted to make a quick one, to try out to see if I liked it before ordering $100 of cuben. Got a 5# summer hammock pack I am working on.

At any rate its pretty simple to put together and weighs 4oz as shown.

This is for a 0″ above shoulder small pack but you could probably stuff a little bigger one under it.

You sacrifice one poncho to make the spare parts for the other. Basically extend one 20″ in the back cut hear and there and sew on sleeves.

I still have to add the hand straps, add some velcro tabs to hold the bottom of the lseeve closed or do a wrap per instructions, and I need a hood drawcord, so it might end up at 4.4 oz after I add that and seal the shoulders.

The sleeves have to be 22″ square max to cut this out of one spare poncho which I though would be short for me but at 6-3 its okay.

Here is a pdf link to the quest plans…
http://www.questoutfitters.com/10JuneParChoSewRedFileSz%20%281%29.pdf

This is what a layout for this looks like.
I am 6-3 so yours might vary according to the quest link instructions. Doing it like this just happened to be close enough for my height.

 photo DRIDUCKSPARCHO_zps2c76a4d1.jpg

Photo

 photo driducksparcho_zps72555182.jpg

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Loading...