Topic

Relief Reservoir, Kennedy Meadows…Help please.

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
Kattt BPL Member
PostedAug 21, 2013 at 8:51 am

I think four years ago a few of us hiked from near Relief Reservoir , through Kennedy Meadows and to Emigrant Lake??
Are there 2 Kennedy meadows?
Where does the trail for that hike start, off 108?
I am not having much luck with Google searches on this.

Jay Wilkerson, Josh, Cameron….can you help me?
I would like to head up there over Labor ay weekend.

Kattt BPL Member
PostedAug 21, 2013 at 9:10 am

Hey Doug, morning.
I did find Jay's thread when looking at Trip reports. Just not sure that is the same itinerary we did together. I should pay better attention instead of having others plan and navigate!

Ken Helwig BPL Member
PostedAug 21, 2013 at 10:02 am

trailhead to Relief Res. is at Kennedy Meadows and Resort off of Hwy 108. And yes there are two Kennedy Meadows. The other one is in the the very southern portion of the Sierra

Kattt BPL Member
PostedAug 22, 2013 at 6:21 am

Thanks Ken and Jason.
My confusion was partly due to thinking "Lunch Meadow" was Kennedy Meadows.
Got it figured out now; will be heading up over Labor Day weekend :)

Ken Helwig BPL Member
PostedAug 22, 2013 at 11:08 am

Enjoy the hike…keep in mind the elevation gain coming up to Relief Res. is deceiving…seriously. Pretty area though

Kattt BPL Member
PostedAug 22, 2013 at 11:29 am

Hey Ken. Yeah, I remember the climb….it'll be fine :)

Paul Wagner BPL Member
PostedAug 23, 2013 at 7:01 pm

And bear in mind that this area right now is pretty much uninhabitable because of the smoke and ash from the Rim Fire.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
Loading...