Topic

You know you’re having fun when…

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear You know you’re having fun when…

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Peter S
    BPL Member

@prse

Locale: Denmark

your kitchen table looks like this:

I was scheduled for coming in late at work today, so i thought:

"why don't i make some toothpaste dots and a spoon that fits in my 600ml pot"?

Kevin Beeden
    BPL Member

@captain_paranoia

Locale: UK

I confess that I use travel samples for toothpaste; either a 15ml thing of Thera-Med, or sample tubes of normal toothpaste (free from your dentist, usually).

e.g. Thera-Med sample

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Theramed-Action-Triple-Efficiency-Toothbrush/dp/B003H0N7FK

But hey, that's not as much fun, is it…?

Peter S
    BPL Member

@prse

well, if the toothpaste dots doesn't work out (sticking together), i'll stick with toothpaste samples…and yes it's all about the fun…but the short spoon, that's serious business though…

Jerry Adams
    BPL Member

@retiredjerry

Locale: Oregon and Washington

That looks like my Sea to Summit anodized aluminum spoon.

I cut my handle off a little, but it was more to fit in my pot than to save weight : )

Peter S
    BPL Member

@prse

Jerry, that's the same spoon I've got. It was first of all for the fitting, the 4 gram saved was just a bonus ;-)

Derek M.
    BPL Member

@dmusashe

Locale: Southern California

Peter,
    You might already know this, but if you coat the outside of the toothpaste dots with baking soda and also add a little baking soda to whatever bag you'll be holding the dots in, this will really help with the clumping issue. It seems to work well for me.

Peter S
    BPL Member

@prse

Hi Derek, thanks – This was my first batch of "dots" I did ad baking soda (as described by Mike Clelland!), and i agree totally – it makes it much easier to store.

I think it will be much easier to make the next time now that i got the technique down, but about 100 dots goes a long way…haha :-)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools