your kitchen table looks like this:

I was scheduled for coming in late at work today, so i thought:
"why don't i make some toothpaste dots and a spoon that fits in my 600ml pot"?
Topic
Become a member to post in the forums.
your kitchen table looks like this:

I was scheduled for coming in late at work today, so i thought:
"why don't i make some toothpaste dots and a spoon that fits in my 600ml pot"?
I confess that I use travel samples for toothpaste; either a 15ml thing of Thera-Med, or sample tubes of normal toothpaste (free from your dentist, usually).
e.g. Thera-Med sample
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Theramed-Action-Triple-Efficiency-Toothbrush/dp/B003H0N7FK
But hey, that's not as much fun, is it…?
well, if the toothpaste dots doesn't work out (sticking together), i'll stick with toothpaste samples…and yes it's all about the fun…but the short spoon, that's serious business though…
That looks like my Sea to Summit anodized aluminum spoon.
I cut my handle off a little, but it was more to fit in my pot than to save weight : )
Jerry, that's the same spoon I've got. It was first of all for the fitting, the 4 gram saved was just a bonus ;-)
Peter,
You might already know this, but if you coat the outside of the toothpaste dots with baking soda and also add a little baking soda to whatever bag you'll be holding the dots in, this will really help with the clumping issue. It seems to work well for me.
Hi Derek, thanks – This was my first batch of "dots" I did ad baking soda (as described by Mike Clelland!), and i agree totally – it makes it much easier to store.
I think it will be much easier to make the next time now that i got the technique down, but about 100 dots goes a long way…haha :-)
Become a member to post in the forums.