Topic

Patagonia Cap 1 SW Crew – RIP

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Marko Botsaris BPL Member
PostedAug 20, 2013 at 6:56 pm

These were some of my favorite shirts. I have used all colors for base layers backpacking and day to day, and the white is my favorite for the Mojave.

After at least (I think) a decade Patagonia has "improved" it by increasing the thickness of the material and the weight about 40-45%. :-( I could really tell right away that this was nothing like the breathable thing I have been obsessed with for 10 years. I even have some of the original ones from back then. LOL

It is especially galling that they call it by the same name. Now it is just another poly crew IMO. So sad. I discovered the hard way when my recent order direct from Patagonia arrived, and I realized this shirt had just dramatically changed. They added thumb loops, which I'm neutral about, but good grief! So obviously superficial marketing – if you are wearing ANYTHING heavy enough over this to push your sleeve up you are not going to be wearing SW base layers. I had been telling myself for a long time I should just buy a bunch of the white ones since I knew I would be wearing them for the rest of my life.

So RIP classic SW crew, we hardly knew ye!

The old ones can still be found as clearance (funeral) online, but they are disappearing fast. I did my best finding what I wanted, but probably not enough to last forever.

If anyone has any suggestions for a replacement I'll listen. However it going to take a while to get through my grieving stage. *snif*

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Loading...