What is the lightest suitable mesh fabric for a pack, back panel ??
Topic
Mesh Fabric
Become a member to post in the forums.
- This topic is empty.
I used 3D mesh from thru-hiker.com
questoutfitters also sells it
Noted that T-H does not post weight of 3D.
Some difficulty is created because different companies sell mesh under the same name that is different. For example, I've found uncoated Leno-Loc mesh weighing from 5.5 oz/sq/yd up to 6.5 oz, depending on whether bought from Questy, OWF or others.
The so-called 'rawhide' mesh (with the small diamond pattern) has similar variance, running from 6.5 oz up another oz or so. But I like the rawhide because it comes both in nylon and polyester, depending on how much stretch you want, is used on Osprey and other good packs, and generally seems more durable than Leno (which can run), as long as the long axis of the diamonds are parallel with the greatest force. Otherwise, the mesh will distort.
But for chairs, I still use Leno, because it is a little lighter and conforms to my butt.
Become a member to post in the forums.

