Topic

Day hikes around Santa Fe

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Trip Planning Day hikes around Santa Fe

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Gary D
    BPL Member

@doc

Around the end of the first week of September my wife and I will be Santa Fe for five days. We are looking for day hike suggestions within an hour or two of Santa Fe. We will likely have one clear day for hiking.

We are open to any and all suggestions. We wouldnt have any difficulty doing a 15-20 mile day with major elevation.

Any feed back much appreciated

HkNewman
    BPL Member

@hknewman

Locale: The West is (still) the Best

The perimeter has reopened after the fires so there's the western lakes (keep going up to the TH by Ski Santa Fe from the NE side of Santa Fe) or Hamilton Mesa via Iron Creek TH and maybe Pecos Falls if you are feeling energetic – classic dayhike (drive through Pecos, NM on I-25 and go past Terroro, pull off on the right … check to see if muddy because it might require rent a 4WD).

Add: the interior of the Pecos WIlderness is still closed due to the Jaraso wilderness, so you may want an update from the Santa Fe NF website before you leave.

Gary D
    BPL Member

@doc

Thanks for the insight HK. Looking forward to seeing the area. Anyone else have any suggestions.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools