Topic

Silly indulgence (utensil thread)

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
PostedAug 17, 2013 at 8:15 am

My primary cook pot is a titan kettle and houses my stove gear in the pack. I've found that a short soup spoon and chopsticks cover about 95% of the foods I eat on the trail. My mug is the $1 reusable starbucks cup with a cloth sleeve I got ages ago and it houses my Via packets, little scrub pad, lexan soup spoon, and until recently some cut down bamboo chopsticks. Chopsticks are ridiculously difficult to use when they aren't full length so my wife got me a set of snow peak collapsible chopsticks. stupidly heavy for what they are – but oh so worth it. They fit perfectly inside the cup and assemble easily to use as full sticks, nice and solid. Some things just arent worth counting.

(and yes I realize I could just put a set of full chopsticks elsewhere in my pack)

chopsticks

Jeff M. BPL Member
PostedAug 17, 2013 at 8:42 am

I use the same starbucks cup. I like the idea of chopsticks, but get too frustrated using them. I take a lexan spoon AND fork – don't tell.

Diane Pinkers BPL Member
PostedAug 17, 2013 at 8:17 pm

Here's another set of collapsible chopsticks. They come in a few colors as well. I marked mine for measuring water; hold the stick in the cup, and pour water up to the chosen line.

this thing

Cheaper, and lighter too I think.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Loading...