Topic

Campsites on way to Kings Canyon?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Trip Planning Campsites on way to Kings Canyon?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Christopher Kuzak

@kc

Appreciate any help that anyone can offer. Doing a trip in Kings Canyon soon but want to know if it is possible to camp somewhere along the way in proximity to the park? The catch is we may not get to camp until the late evening or so. Will be going in via 180 out of Fresno.

Backpack Jack
    BPL Member

@jumpbackjack

Locale: Armpit of California

Where is your intended destination, I may be able to help.

Jack

Christopher Kuzak

@kc

My intended destination is Roads End. Going to start there and come out at Lodgepole. However, I think my problem's resolved since I'll be able to leave earlier than I expected and mid-week. Should be able to get a walk-in campsite now, I hope.

Nicholas Pappas
    Spectator

@njpca

There are a few en route. I've camped at cedar Grove (various campgrounds available) which is pretty close to the trailhead. Also camped at convict flat, which lets you hold off a lot of the windy drive in until the morning of departure. Good luck!

Jerry Adams
    BPL Member

@retiredjerry

Locale: Oregon and Washington

When do you have to get to Ceday Grove, mid week after Labor Day, to get a campsite?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools