Topic

Campsites on way to Kings Canyon?

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
PostedAug 17, 2013 at 8:05 am

Appreciate any help that anyone can offer. Doing a trip in Kings Canyon soon but want to know if it is possible to camp somewhere along the way in proximity to the park? The catch is we may not get to camp until the late evening or so. Will be going in via 180 out of Fresno.

PostedAug 19, 2013 at 12:11 pm

My intended destination is Roads End. Going to start there and come out at Lodgepole. However, I think my problem's resolved since I'll be able to leave earlier than I expected and mid-week. Should be able to get a walk-in campsite now, I hope.

PostedAug 24, 2013 at 6:36 pm

There are a few en route. I've camped at cedar Grove (various campgrounds available) which is pretty close to the trailhead. Also camped at convict flat, which lets you hold off a lot of the windy drive in until the morning of departure. Good luck!

Jerry Adams BPL Member
PostedAug 24, 2013 at 7:40 pm

When do you have to get to Ceday Grove, mid week after Labor Day, to get a campsite?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Loading...