Topic

Lightest camp sandals ever?!

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
PostedAug 15, 2013 at 8:11 pm

I think I just found the lightest camp sandals ever!
Only 13 grams for the pair. .5oz

Where can you get these unubtanium magic sandals?!
You gotta go get a pedicure… And the pink ones are lighter than all the other colors.

Disclaimer: Saw my brothers girlfriend wearing them. I didn't get a pedicure. My exact words, "where did you get those? Can I weigh them?"

13 gram sandals

James DeGraaf BPL Member
PostedAug 15, 2013 at 8:34 pm

If ever brought camp sandals, those would be the ones! You can't lose them and I bet they pack small. (Maybe ill surprise my wife with a day at the spa and hope she gets a pair, but I wonder if they come in a size men's 13?)
-James

PostedAug 15, 2013 at 10:44 pm

Do you have a pic of the bottom? How is the strap attached?

mik matra BPL Member
PostedAug 16, 2013 at 3:42 am

I am at a point of a re-measure!! 13 grams?!?!?! Sounds good but the day spa thongs/slipons seem to be one size only maybe around a size 9 or so and thus my size 12 feet needed me to make my own from some of my closed cell foam pad that got under 60grams.

M B BPL Member
PostedAug 16, 2013 at 3:57 am

think hard now…..

you might be able to make your own.

PostedAug 16, 2013 at 4:13 am

The strap is just glued to the top, the bottom is completely flat. I don't bring camp shoes myself, I just thought it was funny after all the camp shoe threads I've read. All this time, the lightest ones were at the salon!

Probably wouldn't last long, or fit many people, but their free if ur SO likes pedicures.

PostedSep 12, 2013 at 3:31 pm

I came up with my own solution. I cut 44g of extra material off the 4 corners of my ridgerest.

I used the top-corner pieces of foam I removed to make huaraches, along with some 550 paracord I had around (not the lightest cordage, sure, but comfort is a priority here). After trimming to the shape of my foot, they weight 31g.

So all in all, my camp shoes weight -13g. :D

PostedSep 12, 2013 at 3:42 pm

Jake, I'm working on a pair of hydrogen-filled camp shoes that will utilize a cutting-edge "foot balloon" design and be lighter than yours. They will also double as fuel containers, pillows, snowshoes, and floatation devices. I intend to call them Hindenbüts.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
Loading...