Topic

Duomid innernet attachments

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
PostedAug 15, 2013 at 1:39 pm

I have a duomid and the MLD duo innernet. In an effort to get a bit more room in the inner, I would like to be able to pull the inner out a bit by attaching it to the duomid. Maybe a toggle on the inner and a small loop on the back side of the duomid? My Shangri-la 5 has this arrangement between the net tent and the fly and it works really well. It seems like there is a lot of wasted space between the innernet and the duomid. Has anyone added something like this or has any suggestions for me?

PostedAug 15, 2013 at 1:52 pm

If your Duomid is cuben, try buying a few of the Zpacks patches that have a webbing loop sewn on, available here: http://www.zpacks.com/accessories/tape.shtml

Otherwise if it's silnylon it should be pretty simple to hand sew in a small loop of webbing on the inside and then seam seal the threads on the outside.

PostedAug 15, 2013 at 3:06 pm

Are thinking of attaching the innernet to the Glove or Mitten Hooks? This would be about halfway up the innernet.

This is the idea I had, which is not original to me. I love how the Ooknest has bungee that runs from the hooks in the Duomid through the netting and then it looks like a cordlock is used to allow you to pull more in or let more out to adjust this space. From inside the innernet! Brilliant in my mind.

I have thought about getting an innernet and maybe punching a small grommet in the corners with fingers crossed and maybe over tent repair tape or something to do the same thing.

There is great youtube video showing a user adjusting these lines while demoing an Ooknest. I have it bookmarked at home, but will try to find it and post it later.

If only Ooknest were quicker to get.

John

Ah Ha, found it. It was a Vimeo video here:

http://vimeo.com/38859132

Also just realized he has some closeup pics of the duomid and this setup here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/nomadmax/sets/72157629659923557/

PostedAug 15, 2013 at 4:19 pm

Yes, I was envisioning something ver similar. I cannot picture where the mitten hooks are righ now on the duomid. are they on the corner seams? That could work out well when attaching them to the innernet. I think the netting has to attach at a seam. The SL5 net tent has seams down the middle to take the stress.

PostedAug 15, 2013 at 4:35 pm

The mitten hooks are attached to loops sewn into the corner seams of the duomid.

PostedAug 16, 2013 at 11:24 am

I checked it out last night. Looks like a pretty easy mod to add a little toggle to the seams of the innernet. Heck, I don't know why this doesn't come standard on the innernet.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Loading...