I have about a week and a half before school starts, so a buddy and I are heading to the Beartooth Plateau in a few days for some hiking and fishing. A few questions for any of you more familiar with the area:
(1) Food storage – We'll be above treeline probably the entire hike, so I'm curious what to do about food hanging. Is it reasonable to expect that I can easily find a cliff to hang a stuff sack from? Or do we need bear canisters? Obviously, I'd rather avoid the bear can if at all possible (don't even own one).
(2) Bugs – I'm assuming they'll be no problem, but my buddy is worried about them. Should have no problems leaving the net tent at home, right?
(3) Fires – I'm also assuming that there won't be much fuel for firewood, so we shouldn't plan on campfires for cooking any trout we catch. Again, if anyone knows differently, do tell.
Thanks.


