Topic

Building a Tenkara rod from trekking poles, and trout video…

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Kevin Burton BPL Member
PostedAug 14, 2013 at 11:36 am

This weekend I was really convinced that I should try to make a Tenkara rod from my trekking poles.

I was thinking it's a moderate amount of work but I *think* I can take my Blackdiamond poles and connect them to form one super long pole. I just have to figure out a way to keep them connected afterI take them apart.

Check out this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHoP96VqN70

I think I just need a bit more patience.

I could have literally caught this trout with a regular trekking pole.

Jason G BPL Member
PostedAug 14, 2013 at 12:30 pm

Here is my 'ghetto' trekking pole tenkara rod…

I just stripped an old fly rod down to bare bones and made it fit my flick lock on my BD corks

ten1

ten2

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Loading...