Topic

Sierra Designs Cal 30 DriDown Sleeping Bag…?

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
PostedAug 13, 2013 at 10:29 pm

Just ordered the SD Cal 30 from backcountry.com because it was 20% off and… well because I think it means I can have my cake and eat it too. 800 fill down? check. Under 1.5 lbs? Check. Not having the old PNW "Down Anxiety" with a little tarp? Check.

Search turned up nothing, although google gave me a good youtube video from Prolite Gear. Stated weight is 23oz in a long size, and that is with a 64" shoulder width. Sounds competitive. Anyone else have any experience with it?

I'm planning on the AT starting in May, and with a poncho tarp the Dri-Down thing has my attention.

PostedAug 14, 2013 at 9:42 pm

Got a cal 13 on sale myself a little while ago, I know its different then the 30 but I'm taking it out for 6 sierra nights next week. I'll post a report afterwards.

Adam Sloan BPL Member
PostedAug 15, 2013 at 11:18 am

I have a Cal 30 and love it. The coldest night I've had was probably 35F and I slept like a rock. My tent was covered in condensation, but the bag was warm and toasty.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Loading...