Topic

looking for a UL shirt

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Dale Wambaugh BPL Member
PostedAug 13, 2013 at 6:02 pm

As I first read this, I assumed you were looking for something like a stretch base layer. Why not go the base layer route and then supplement that with a trim fit runners wind shell?

And that assumes it is for backcountry wear— or are you looking for something more travel oriented?

PostedAug 13, 2013 at 6:13 pm

"any other ideas? athletic fit is a must"

While you're looking at Arcteryx, you might take a look at the Motus and Accelerator LS T's. Motus is lighter, SPF 25, breathes extremely well, and dries quickly. It's a great Sierra backcountry shirt, and also presentable enough for casual wear in town.

Brad Rogers BPL Member
PostedAug 13, 2013 at 7:19 pm

The Golite Wildwood Trail Running Shirt is 3.4oz in a Mens Medium.

Eugene Smith BPL Member
PostedAug 13, 2013 at 7:27 pm

Any number of lightweight wicking shirts will do, so I'll make your life more difficult and add another option to the pot.

I was recently given the Mountain Hardwear Way2Cool tshirt from a friend and ran a really long run in this shirt this past Saturday with a nice mix of heat and cool weather. Perfect conditions for testing a lightweight active shirt. I was very impressed with the shirt and how it worked during our outing. The shirt uses MHW's new fabric called the "CoolQ Zero". I don't know what all went into the design of the shirt, but I do know that it wicks moisture admirably and the fit is very much athletic without being too "techy". The colors come in obnoxious orange, belligerent blue, or wanker white. I would say it's most comparable to Patagonia's Capilene 1, but this shirt feels cooler to the touch and doesn't get as warm in the sun as Capilene 1 has for me in the past.

Randy Martin BPL Member
PostedAug 13, 2013 at 7:34 pm

+1 on the Golite Wildwood trail running shirt. Excellent stretch, incredible breathability.

bryan BPL Member
PostedAug 13, 2013 at 7:48 pm

though all the running and hiking base layers look good (for a BL I just use my STP redram SS wool v-necks ..cheap!)

travel-oriented is more of what i am looking for, something with a collar that could pass as a regular shirt.

Mike M BPL Member
PostedAug 15, 2013 at 8:48 pm

I own a couple of way2 cool t's and just (yesterday) ordered another-I'm using them for warm weather running and not another shirt in my quiver (and a have a few) wicks as well or feels as cool- they machine wash/dry up great; it's a very good t-shirt for warm weather aerobic activities

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Loading...