Topic

Replace your energy bar with a Cookie!

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums Food, Hydration, and Nutrition Replace your energy bar with a Cookie!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 26 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

"Well, my family members of the time lived in to their 80s, but maybe I just have good genes. :-)"

+1

@ Jerry: My Mom's batted a little better than .500. She only lost 3 out of 10 siblings to childhood diseases. All the rest made it into their 80's and 90's. Pretty much the same on my Dad's side. Some were farmers, some worked in lumbermills and factories, but they all worked hard. Pretty much the same for most folks back then. Tough old birds, the lot of them, and if only half of them survived, we wouldn't be a nation of 300 million today. I think your numbers are a little off. ;0)

Anonymous
    Inactive

"I should say that at lunch time I also eat two slices of salami and take a shot of olive oil. (Yeah, it is kinda disgusting, but I have a very poor sense of smell and taste and can eat stuff that might make others sick)."

Lots of fat in those two. Together with your cookies, I'd say you've got a pretty good ratio of fats to carbs, with some solid protein in the bargain.

"After my JMT trip in 2011, I just could not bear the thought of chewing on a rock hard Cliff bar every again.

The Power Bars are disgusting in their own way….I call it baby poo taffy, but on the upside, not much chewing needed and I can eat them on the go without stopping on the trail."

They are both near the top of my all time list of disgusting disgusting food items, particularly the Power Bar.* Their one redeeming quality is that you don't need to bear bag them. NO respectable bear would go near either. ;0)

* In position number one is the Carob Cocoa Pemmican Bar. EYYYUCKKKKK!

Sarah Kirkconnell
    BPL Member

@sarbar

Locale: Homesteading On An Island In The PNW

photo B1_zps61df7b45.jpg

That is my youngest son, in the ER, 30 minutes after giving him an Epi-Pen shot, antihistamines and steroid shots. Believe me, he looked like a million dollars compared to how he had looked 30 minutes before.

Viewing 3 posts - 26 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools