Topic

Ray Way Tarp Dimensions

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
PostedAug 13, 2013 at 4:16 pm

Does anyone know the dimensions of the Ray Way two person tarp? I can't find the dimensions on his website. We slept three people under one on our last trip with plenty of room.

Link . BPL Member
PostedAug 14, 2013 at 7:28 am

From his tarp book it says:
A Ray Way 2 person tarp shelters an area 106" long by 92" wide when pitched with a roof slope of 30 degrees.

Elliott Wolin BPL Member
PostedAug 14, 2013 at 10:07 am

I think the second post really meant that the covered area is 106" x 92" with the given pitch angle. It's not clear if this is the total covered area or the usable area with the ridge at some height, I'm guessing it's the total covered area. It probably does not include the area under the beaks, which is not that large (but important for rain protection).

I built a 3-person Ray Way tarp, basically a scaled up version of the 2-person model width-wise and about 12" longer.

Mole J BPL Member
PostedAug 14, 2013 at 10:52 am

I think the second post really meant that the
covered area is 106" x 92"


No. It should be read as it is. the covered area can never be as wide as 106".

The 2 person tarp ends up 106" square plus the beaks.
(each main panel is cut 55" wide before seams are made).

I made a 1 person Rayway tarp, and still have the book which has dimensions of both.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Loading...