Topic

Ray Way Tarp Dimensions

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Ray Way Tarp Dimensions

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Jeff Gerke
    Spectator

@mtnrunner

Locale: Utah

Does anyone know the dimensions of the Ray Way two person tarp? I can't find the dimensions on his website. We slept three people under one on our last trip with plenty of room.

Link .
    BPL Member

@annapurna

From his tarp book it says:
    A Ray Way 2 person tarp shelters an area 106" long by 92" wide when pitched with a roof slope of 30 degrees.

Daniel Pittman
    Spectator

@pitsy

Locale: Central Texas

If I wanted to do trigonometry, I would go to school. Ugh.

Ultra Magnus

@ultra_magnus

Elliott Wolin
    BPL Member

@ewolin

Locale: Hampton Roads, Virginia

I think the second post really meant that the covered area is 106" x 92" with the given pitch angle. It's not clear if this is the total covered area or the usable area with the ridge at some height, I'm guessing it's the total covered area. It probably does not include the area under the beaks, which is not that large (but important for rain protection).

I built a 3-person Ray Way tarp, basically a scaled up version of the 2-person model width-wise and about 12" longer.

Mole J
    BPL Member

@mole

Locale: UK

I think the second post really meant that the
    covered area is 106" x 92"

No. It should be read as it is. the covered area can never be as wide as 106".

The 2 person tarp ends up 106" square plus the beaks.
    (each main panel is cut 55" wide before seams are made).

I made a 1 person Rayway tarp, and still have the book which has dimensions of both.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools