Topic

24 K state GPS maps

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
PostedAug 12, 2013 at 10:59 pm

"Hunting GPS Maps" (HuntingGPSmaps.com) sells regional and state GPS maps compatable with Garmin GPS hiking units.

They have:

1. "24 K topographic functionality"

2.section lines & numbers

3.roads, including dirt roads and trails

4.water data like lakes, rivers creeks and springs

5.National Forest roads & trails (and we know how many roads the NFS builds for timber and gas exploitation – the f_@+#?$!

6.Geographic features and names

7.Game Management or Hunting Units

8. State spefic features (WMA, WPA, CMMU)

9. Private land boundaries (and owner names in state maps only)

10. loadable to computer

11.micro SD cars W/ regular SD card adaptor

12.free limited term map updates

DRAWBACK: $100. per state!! (But I needed one for hunting)

So why doesn't Garmin gives 24K maps??

PostedAug 13, 2013 at 6:47 am

http://www.gpsfiledepot.com/

This place has free GPS topo maps for most Garmin units that support mapping.

I don't own a Garmin, (I have a Lowrance), but I've worked with Garmins and DeLorme units. I downloaded a small section of a Michigan map from here into a Garmin GPSMAP-62 I borrowed from a friend last year. It seemed okay. And hey, they're free.

You may have to do some reading of their online help files to figure out how to get the maps into your Garmin.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Loading...