And I don't mean free cocktails:
Topic
Mudslides on HW 20 en route to the North Cascades
Become a member to post in the forums.
- This topic is empty.
Cascade River Road (pipeline to some amazing backpacking) was also taken out the same week. Boston Creek (of the famed Boston Basin/Forbidden Pk area) obliterated a culvert. SR 20 should be open in a week, though. That area (Swamp Creek) has had slides before, IIRC.
It's a real bummer for businesses in Winthrop I'm sure. I suppose I will have to go patronize the brewery to show my support :D
There were 65 hikers stranded above a washout on a trailhead road. It looks like they did a quick and dirty repair so they could get their cars out v
We were hiking the Monte Cristo trail that day which is south of the area that got the main brunt of the thunderstorm. We got a good remote lightning and thunder show and a quick shower from our location. My poor dog really freaked out when the thunder cut loose.
Become a member to post in the forums.

