Topic

Search and rescue crews warn about online-based groups

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion Search and rescue crews warn about online-based groups

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 26 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Travis Leanna
    BPL Member

@t-l

Locale: Wisconsin

[Alas, I cannot tell a lie (unless its about Doug). We all got lost equally, I hiked way too fast, but I did share my whiskey]

Stephen M
    BPL Member

@stephen-m

Locale: Way up North

we were not lost Travis, we just forgot to mark our car on the Gps and do some bush whacking :-)

At least I got new snowshoes out of that trip.

Diane “Piper” Soini
    BPL Member

@sbhikes

Locale: Santa Barbara

I have found that since I began leading Sierra Club hikes about 15 years ago the general fitness level of the average person has drastically declined. It has gotten to the point that I will lead only 3 or 4 day hikes a year. It's just too much trouble. I would much prefer to hike with no responsibility for people in over their heads, as most seem to be these days.

dave e
    BPL Member

@hipass

Locale: Los Angeles

The leader of our meetup group has organized/led a number of backpack trips.Given that, you would think that they were experienced.On this trip she had to have another member carry her pack for the last mile!

Mobile Calculator
    Spectator

@mobile-calculator

Mike Oxford
    BPL Member

@moxford

Locale: Silicon Valley, CA

It's not that women want to be equals, they want to be better than men, and chivalry is just one manifestation of this.

When was the last time SHE bounced ahead and held the door open for you?
    Or drove and then opened your passenger-side door?
    Or a female carried a pack for you, instead of just cocking her head a little sideways and looking at you funny?
    Or bought you dinner?
    Or let you pick what color the bedspread is going to be?!
    Or mowed the lawn for you!

See! It's a conspiracy! "C….O….N…..SPIRACY!" – In Living Color

Okay, gotta run…think I've got a tongue stuck in my cheek.

Viewing 6 posts - 26 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools