My friends and I will be spending a few days (4-5) in Yosemite next month. This will probably be their only visit to the park and so we want to get as well-rounded an experience as we can. The problem is coordinating everything within that time frame. If someone who has backpacked through the park before can give us some advice we would greatly appreciate it!
A few things we want to see:
Yosemite Valley
Mariposa Grove
Glacier Point
Tuolumne Meadows
Cathedral Lakes
We want to get a wilderness permit but we aren't sure how to go about it. I understand that the permit is for the first night's camp only, but can we then drive to another part of the park the next day and use the same permit? Also, if anyone has any suggestions for specific scenic trails (for the aforementioned sites or otherwise) that would help us narrow down our options as well. Any trail that is both scenic and less popular with the summer crowds is a plus. We have all backpacked before, though I am still new to it. My friends are in better shape for it than I am, but I just did Mount Baldy so I am up for a more demanding hike if certain portions of our trip require it.

