I have been using the QStarz 1000XT since January, 2011. It has operated as reliably and accurately as I could have hoped.
There is nothing in the manual about operating temperature but I use it year-round; there is no problem using it in temperatures well below zero Celsius.
I have used the Bluetooth feature only once or twice. It is very slow compared to the USB feed. In any case I use the USB cable to charge the battery.
It uses rechargeable cell-phone style batteries. On one week backpack trips I take one spare battery and do not run out of power.
The mapping software that comes with the unit is rudimentary. If you want to superimpose track points onto a topo map it is a simple matter to use the QTravel software to export a .gpx file to hillmap.com.
It is not waterproof. I usually keep it in a plastic sandwich bag. Never a problem.
It needs a good view of the sky and works well at the top of a backpack or attached up high to a shoulder or other strap. It does not work well when placed into a Gossamer Gear Hipster (belly pack). The case does not completely enclose the GPS so you have to be creative/careful in attaching to a strap to prevent it from exiting the case.
There is no information display, merely a few status LEDs. It records your route and shows you where you have been when you load the saved information onto your computer.
It weighs 64.4 grams/2.27 ounces with battery on my scale. The case weighs 10.1 grams/0.35 ounces.
A quick search shows that they (or very similar models) are still available.
A few years ago I thought I had found the perfect minimalist GPS–the Wintec Easy Showily. A small LCD display showed latitude, longitude, elevation, and a few other bits of data. Unfortunately it died after about 1 1/2 years.