Topic

CT Resupply For Section 14/15

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Trip Planning CT Resupply For Section 14/15

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Greg Mihalik
    Spectator

@greg23

Locale: Colorado

This the CT crossing of US Hwy 50, about 15 miles west of Salida, Colorado. Many choose to hitch into Salida for a stay at the Simple Hostel, a shower, and a food box. Getting into Salida is usually easy. Getting back out and up the hill takes a little more time.

When I'm out and about I often deliver hikers back to the TH. The last guy told me that Monarch Spur RV park will hold a drop box for free, (for now – they are getting "lots"). Camping spaces are (August 2013) $18 a night, but you could easily hike back up the hill and camp for free. It is located 1 mile east (down hill) of the crossing.

If you ship UPS to their door so they only have to store your box it's easier for them. Otherwise they have to haul it, and the others, from the PO. Call first to make sure they are still doing it. The phone number is 719-530-0341.

Another option is to ship to the Poncha Springs post office. It is near the intersection of Hwy 50 and Hwy 285. It is a direct shot to and from the TH, and skips the "big city" adventure of Salida. The PO is closed from 12:30 to 2 pm M-F. Opens at 8am, Closes at 5pm.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools