Topic

MLD adding trekking poles to their site.

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) MLD adding trekking poles to their site.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Heads up to whoever hasn't see Ron's post on the MLD Facebook, or don't use Facebook. Sounds interesting, can't wait to hear more.

"At the OR show I finally found what I consider to be the ultimate Trek Poles. I loved them so much that we will be selling them in the MLD store. They are three section, full carbon, super strong and the top section adjuster is a cam lock – not a twist lock. The BIG bonus is that they are 145cm long- 5cm longer than almost all other 3 section poles and that means no pole jack needed for the DuoMid even in a higher pitch and lots of extra length for the SoloMid using two poles in the inverted V. They are 6.2oz per pole. That is over 1oz. less than all the other full strength 140cm 3 section fully adjustable poles out there now. Yes, there are 2 section adj carbon poles that are a hair under 5oz ea- BUT they are not full strength and I have snapped those tips on the trail and in a pole jack and also un jacked under mids in high wind – customer have reported to us the same. These new ones are Full Strength and will also work great in winter with winter baskets! Don't try that with lighter CF poles. I will warn you now- they are not cheap but may be the last poles you but for a long time – 3yr no questions warranty from the MFGR.

More info to come next week. Any guesses?"

Fred eric
    BPL Member

@fre49

Locale: France, vallée de la Loire

http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/komperdell_c3_duolock_men_gg.html

but mine are getting harder and harder to lock, so i may be tempted

Link .
    BPL Member

@annapurna

Maybe they are these .

John S.
    BPL Member

@jshann

Think you are probably right Link.

Link .
    BPL Member

@annapurna

If they are the poles they sell for $250!!I'll stick with my Locus Gear flick lock 3 section poles for $130 shipped from Japan at 5oz each,they may not extend as far but that isn't an issue for me.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools