Topic

Go Lite Big Score

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Go Lite Big Score

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Ian
    BPL Member

@10-7

The down vest is $99 and the down jacket is $119. I'm not sure what the regular price (everything is always 50% off) but not a bad price for the weight either way.

http://www.golite.com/BigScore.aspx

Tommy Thompson
    BPL Member

@wasser

Locale: Northern CA

The email states:

Jacket $119.99 ($139.99 after August 14th)
    Vest $99.99 ($114.99 after August 14th)

Scott Musack
    Spectator

@scottm

Locale: Oregon

That jacket looks really similar to the Mountain Hardware Ghost Whisperer, in fact, it's an ounce lighter!

If it's comparable, that seems like a really good deal.

Ian
    BPL Member

@10-7

Thanks for the information Tommy. I received the sale notification off of Facebook and they did not indicate the regular price there.

Lee Oz
    BPL Member

@leeoz

Locale: NY

Especially with their free shipping offer:

"If your order meets or exceeds $100 before tax, you'll receive FREE UPS ground shipping"

Bill Law
    BPL Member

@williamlaw

Locale: SF Bay Area

I received a catalog in the mail yesterday. The Selkirk vest was priced at $119.99.

The colors appeared much "shinier" in the catalog. Almost Uniqlo-ish.

L. T.

@guinness1759

Just got a jacket in today in XL. I usually wear an XL in most lines of outdoor clothing and it fits well. Weight is 7.5oz with the hang tags attached. My only caveat is that when the jacket is held up to the light, a spot about as big as my fist is visible that is absent down. There are also fairly large gaps along all the seams of the jacket. I am not sure if the down is supposed to migrate and "settle" after wearing. My two cents.

edited to reflect purchase of jacket

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools