Topic

Blue Desert Smart Tube

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Blue Desert Smart Tube

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Kevin Schneringer
    BPL Member

@slammer

Locale: Oklahoma Flat Lands

Anyone have any experience with this product? Seems like a fairly inexpensive way to make a standard water bottle a hydration system.
    I already carry smart water bottles or 1L aquafina bottles this would hook right up so I got a 30" straw.?

I may pick on up.

Heath Pitts
    BPL Member

@heathpitts

Locale: Nashville

I've used this for the past couple of years. I've used it with the smartwater bottles, gatorade bottles, my nalgene on day hikes, etc. It works great. I did use my platypus bite valve instead of the valve included in the package.

The important piece that is included is the one way valve. There was a post on here the other day that listed one from an aquarium pump where they made basically a DIY smart tube. I actually drilled out a gatorade top and added the one-way air valve and a rubber grommet for the drink tube. This is much lighter than the stock bottle attachments. Those basically amount to the standard top that screws onto an adapter for the bottle size you pick.

Mike Farrell
    Spectator

@m-farrell

Locale: C.A

I had never heard of this until now, thank you. This looks like a great bunch of products. My mom would dig the bottle sling for our Sunday walks. I made her a paracord sling with a bottle knot, their sling would be more comfy for her. Where do we purchase them?

John S.
    BPL Member

@jshann

http://www.backpackgeartest.org/reviews/Hydration%20Systems/Bottles/Blue%20Desert%20SmarTube/

It was discussed in these forums back in 2009. Search smartube.

Kevin Schneringer
    BPL Member

@slammer

Locale: Oklahoma Flat Lands

I just got mine on Amazon. looks like their made in Israel according to their site.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools