Topic

Blue Desert Smart Tube

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
PostedAug 8, 2013 at 8:09 pm

Anyone have any experience with this product? Seems like a fairly inexpensive way to make a standard water bottle a hydration system.
I already carry smart water bottles or 1L aquafina bottles this would hook right up so I got a 30" straw.?

I may pick on up.

Heath Pitts BPL Member
PostedAug 9, 2013 at 7:35 am

I've used this for the past couple of years. I've used it with the smartwater bottles, gatorade bottles, my nalgene on day hikes, etc. It works great. I did use my platypus bite valve instead of the valve included in the package.

The important piece that is included is the one way valve. There was a post on here the other day that listed one from an aquarium pump where they made basically a DIY smart tube. I actually drilled out a gatorade top and added the one-way air valve and a rubber grommet for the drink tube. This is much lighter than the stock bottle attachments. Those basically amount to the standard top that screws onto an adapter for the bottle size you pick.

PostedAug 9, 2013 at 10:11 am

I had never heard of this until now, thank you. This looks like a great bunch of products. My mom would dig the bottle sling for our Sunday walks. I made her a paracord sling with a bottle knot, their sling would be more comfy for her. Where do we purchase them?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Loading...