I just received my medium down vest (4.5 oz total with 2oz of 900fill) and a med Pertex 4 oz rain shell from Luke's ultralight. Wow!
Seriously impressed with the weight/durability ratio!
Great quality and so far I totally trust the durability of these.. Only gripe is that both items run a little baggy on me and the colors were limited. But a small price to pay for the weight savings, quality, and functionality.
The down was well dispersed in the vest, perfect stitching and no loose threads or anything. The collar is extra poofy, and the loft seems great for the weight. Kinda like a poofier MB ex light vest, but lighter.
The rain shell is interesting. It's mostly some sort of pertex (quantum maybe?) and the seams are taped with cuben fiber tape. Well constructed and reminds me of the patagonia Houdini, but more rain resistant.
Strange thing is that there is a little hole on the back of the neck where the drawstrings come out to tighten the hood. Seems like water might get in there during a downpour…but I have yet to test that.
Luke was really responsive too when I had questions. and shipped quickly. Overall an awesome UL gear shop that I'll certainly order from again. http://lukesultralite.com/

