Going for a reasonably speedy hike. Maybe 5-6 days. Lightweight.
I am debating whether or not to take my net/tarp. I was on the west side of the trail and the skeeters weren't too bad, even in Desolation. This was a week ago. Thoughts? Maybe just poncho tarp and a head net? No proper rain gear?
Probably starting clockwise at Tahoe City. I guess I gotta go to the William Kent Ranger Station or whatever it is to get a permit? Even if I plan on NOT camping in Desolation?
I just have the Tahoe Basin Trails Illustrated Map. Will that be sufficient? How is the navigation down near Heavenly? Looks like a mile or two of roads.
If anyone is out there, keep an eye out for me. Probably bringing my Green ULA relay pack, grimy yellow LS shirt and a floppy green hat.
Per usual, I'll take some video and hopefully get a TR up a few days later.
-Gabe

