Topic

New Breakfast Option

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums Food, Hydration, and Nutrition New Breakfast Option

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 26 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    John Hillyer
    BPL Member

@trnamelucky

Kate,

Thank you for the info on amino acids and the link to http://www.peacounter.com/.

btw- Eating 30g of peanut butter with no bread is easy; just mix it in with chicken flavored top ramen for a delicious Thai nutty taste.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I find that my body doesn't do very well with most Soy and Cow milk based foods and proteins.

There are some exceptions. Well cultured, organic soy (nothing less than a Harvard degree will do) doesn't bother me, cultured cow milk doesn't bother me, and real whey protein doesn't (not that milk protein crap like Muscle milk that mixes the whey back with the super hard to digest casein crap, argh that gets my goat).

I usually opt for things like goat milk powder, amaranth (more nutritous and slightly more energy dense than quinoa), chia, hemp seeds, etc which for me are more innately easier to digest proteins. But whey protein is good for backpacking too.

I save protein rich foods generally for after i've done hiking, and eat more carb rich foods before and while hiking. Unless it's really cold or rather i'm cold, in that case it's a protein and fat free for all.

Viewing 2 posts - 26 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools