Topic

natgeo “trails illustrated” maps make GREAT ground sheets! :)

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Kevin Burton BPL Member
PostedAug 5, 2013 at 6:50 pm

I'm a hammock camper so I don't have a ground sheet. In an emergency I realized I can use my map as a ground sheet for my torso. The I can use my pack for my feet and my rain jacket for my head.

I'll have a "torso" pad (though it's a bit small for that) that I use for my feet that I can use under my back.

I would be a BIT cold but this is only plan B in emergencies. For example, getting stuck high in the mountains without trees when a storm hits and having to sleep through it.

Nathan Watts BPL Member
PostedAug 6, 2013 at 3:52 am

Just bring a space blanket. It'll work better and weigh less. I know you're not that weight conscious that you cant afford to carry one because you said you bring a nat geo map

M B BPL Member
PostedAug 6, 2013 at 5:15 am

my maps always go under me at night.

They do provide additional insulation, but they most certainly do provide puncture protection. Waterproof paper is quite durable.

My raingear mostly goes under my pad too.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Loading...