Topic

Sharing space?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Sharing space?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 51 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

"Really? Is this from personal experience? Does B. know about this? :)"

Oh yeah; once upon a time down in Old Mexico. Before I met her, of course. As the locals used to say, "Ah, Tomas, mucha chamaca en la hamaca". ;0)

Anonymous
    Inactive

"Steven! Steven! Wake up! Wake up Steven!
    I know, you were having a nice dream but it's time to get up."

;0))

peter vacco

@fluffinreach-com

Locale: no. california

i bring two solo tents when i go camping with my lady. i've seen her enough to know what it looks like. she's been around me plenty long enough to know the routine. separate tents allows each of us a nice break, room to scratch bottoms if needs be, and privacy to attend to personal hygiene. 2x tents does in fact weigh more, and i do not care. i walk so much stronger than she does, that the speed hit from carrying both tents (and the wine too) makes the trip nicer for both of us.

if i wander over to her tent, this counts as "going on a date".

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Locale: The Cascades

"if i wander over to her tent, this counts as "going on a date"."

If she wanders over to your tent, does that count as 'getting lost'? :-)

Tanner M

@tan68

No… that is one of the three possible answers to 'your place or mine?'. 'Get lost' is an answer as well but doesn't usually result in a flyby of the 'mine'.

Interesting idea, the two tents. Kinda neat, really. Why not.

Eli Zabielski
    BPL Member

@ezabielski

Locale: Boulder, CO

I find this thread totally bizarre. I usually go on weekend trips with other people, and we always share a shelter, if we even set one up at all. I've done a lot of 14er trips this summer, usually driving to the trailhead at night, sleeping, then getting up at 4ish. Usually, our entire group cowboy camps in a compact line on top of a cheap tarp with our sleeping bags touching on the sides to share warmth! We _want_ to share the space.

Piney
    BPL Member

@drewjh-2

Last time I shared a tent the dude sat bolt upright several times in the middle of the night, yelled something unintelligible, and then flopped back down completely asleep. Been sleeping alone in my Hexamid ever since :)

Dale Wambaugh
    BPL Member

@dwambaugh

Locale: Pacific Northwest

Not in my hammock, but you can sleep underneath– if the dog will let you :)

Brian Mix
    BPL Member

@aggro

Locale: Western slope, Sierra Nevada

This thread has some entertaining responses.
    If I were to hike with a group or partner I would have no problem sharing my gear. My gear because I won't typically rely on anyone else. Me sharing my shelter is not so likely since I use a fly creek and I am 6'2". My feet and head touch the ends and unless you're about 8" wide, it's not happening.

Viewing 9 posts - 51 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools