Topic

Can a sidwinder C.C.S can make us not to worry about fuel?(for 3 and 1/2 seasons)

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Multiple Use Gear Can a sidwinder C.C.S can make us not to worry about fuel?(for 3 and 1/2 seasons)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    myo tun
    BPL Member

@myomgmgtun

Locale: San Jose

Just got my baby today

I'm planing to take to trail with little bit of alcohol and esbit, if all the fuel are run out i will use wood. How is it? Please feel free to suggest/comment on my idea.

Thanks

Bob Gross
    BPL Member

@b-g-2-2

Locale: Silicon Valley

Currently there is a temporary problem in some areas of California, like in Sequoia National Park. There is high fire danger, so most backpacker stoves that can't be switched off are prohibited. In many areas there, you are not allowed to burn wood, anyway. I believe that they do allow Esbit, but that might change.

There is a big forest fire burning near Shaver Lake which is upwind from Sequoia, so the smoky air quality should be bad.

–B.G.–

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools