Topic

Looking for a lighter sleeping bag liner

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
mik matra BPL Member
PostedAug 3, 2013 at 4:43 pm

I am using the 115g (4.1 ounce) silk sleeping bag liner (size large) just for protection of the internals of the bag from soiling/staining etc etc.

Is there a lighter option available?

Thank you.

Mik.

John S. BPL Member
PostedAug 3, 2013 at 5:29 pm

Doubtful, but you could ask one of the cottage guys what a sack made of the latest breathable fabrics might weigh. It would be close to that weight.

Bob Gross BPL Member
PostedAug 3, 2013 at 5:35 pm

I sewed my own out of thin silk, about 2.5 ounces.

–B.G.–

PostedAug 4, 2013 at 6:36 pm

My favorite sleeping bag liner is to wear a different baselayer at night. A baselayer will weigh within a couple ounces to a sleeping bag liner, but it's multi-use since you can hike in it when the mercury dips. I use wool; you could use silk.

Cheers,
M

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Loading...