Topic

“EsbitLyte” solid fuel burner Intro Offer

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals “EsbitLyte” solid fuel burner Intro Offer

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Dan Yeruski
    BPL Member

@zelph

Locale: www.bplite.com

Introducing the "EsbitLyte" burner.

A new burner has been developed to meet the needs of those wanting to use solid fuels such as Esbit tablets.

In the video I use 2 four gram tablets to show that no gooey residue is left on the bottom of your pot and how little residue is left inside the burner.

A tight fitting cap/lid is provided for when the burner is stored.

A light weight, flexible sheet is provided for placement under the burner during wet or snow conditions. Has a highly reflective surface for radiant heat to be reflected to the burner and pot.

Rim of burner is reinforced to prevent distortion when stored.

Total weight of the 3 pieces is 15 grams.

A simmer can be achieved by partially covering air intake holes.

Place burner 2" from ground to pot bottom.

Cost is $13.50 + $4.00 Shipping and Handling ($10.00 shipping for International Orders)

This is an introductory offer for BPL viewers only. Store site page is visible only to viewers here at BPL.

photo esbit8gram005_zpseaf2c175.jpg

Richard Cullip
    BPL Member

@richardcullip

Locale: San Diego County

Thanks for offering this Dan. I just ordered one. Looking forward to giving it a try.

Dan Yeruski
    BPL Member

@zelph

Richard, glad to be able to share a few of these.

Those of you purchasing "International Orders" 2 burners ship for the same price as one. An order from Finland came in for 2 burners is what made me think of it.

These burners work great in the Caldera Cones. They should work great with all windscreens.

The cap is a nice feature to have for storing the burner.

The price is low. Take advantage of it.

rowan !

@romonster

Locale: SF Bay Area

Dumb question: What would you use to throttle the air intake so you could simmer?

Dan Yeruski
    BPL Member

@zelph

rowan, you can use a double layered piece of aluminum foil shaped into a ring that is the outside diameter of the burner body. Air will continue to enter over the top of the container.

This photo shows 2 added rectangular hole/slots that indicate how the esbit is to be positioned in the burner. The esbit is positioned lengthwise in the direction of the slots.

photo sulytegramsplitter-1_zpsb2e93515.jpg

Dan Yeruski
    BPL Member

@zelph

My Buddy passed away today. I need some time off. Don't know when it will be opened again. I know you understand, thank you.

Dan

John Davis
    BPL Member

@jcd

Locale: Southeast

Sorry to hear of your loss.

Tony Wong
    BPL Member

@valshar

Locale: San Francisco Bay Area

Dan,

Sorry to hear about your loss.

Take care of yourself first…THIS stuff will always be here later.

-Tony

Dan Yeruski
    BPL Member

@zelph

Thank you for the condolences. I think I'm ready now to get back on track. Your thoughts directed in my behalf have helped a lot. :-)

My store is now open and the sale of the EsbitLyte is now again on sale only to viewers of BPL.

Follow the link to zelphs-stoveworks:

Introducing the "EsbitLyte" burner.

P.S.
    My website http://www.bplite.com is down and should be up and running in a day or two. Making some good changes for the better:-)

rowan !

@romonster

Glad to know you're in better spirits now!

I haven't used Esbit before but I want to try it, so please forgive me if my questions are sort of dumb. I watched the video on your site, and see that the two 4-gram tabs occupy most of the space in the burner. If you wanted to boil a larger quantity of water (I usually boil .75 to 1 liter), I assume you would need about twice as much Esbit. Do you think your stove would still work with that?

Dan Yeruski
    BPL Member

@zelph

Thank you rowan, I'm getting along slowly but smiling most of the time :-)

I put 6 four gram tablets in a burner and took a photo of it for you. The 6 pcs comes level with the top of the burner. I will do a test burn in about a half hour to see how well the burner functions with all six.

photo Esbitlyte6esbits4g_zps74983af5.jpg

James DeGraaf
    BPL Member

@jdegraaf

Locale: Bay Area

Glad your back Dan,
    Wow! That's a lot of esbit! I bet you could get neary 1.5L boiled with that, especially in the fire pot and caldera cone. BTW I've been playing with the one you sent me and its considerable less gink to clean off the pot after word. It's a nice little piece of kit.

Dan could you make one of these with pot supports?

Thanks,
    James

Dan Yeruski
    BPL Member

@zelph

Hi James,thanks, glad to be back.

I did a test of the 6 pcs in a burner with stainless steel pot support as shown in the attached photo. It burned well under a new Kmart grease pot(Stanco brand)I'll try to take a photo of the pot bottom today to show what it looks like after the test burn.

The pot support just sits inside the burner under tension of the support legs, not in holes like the StarLyte stove. The rim of the esbitlyte has a hardened spring steel support ring that prevents holes from being drilled. The photo is of a burner without support ring and has holes.

photo esbit8gram_zps330ce6bf.jpg

Dan Yeruski
    BPL Member

@zelph

James, here is what the grease pot looks like after burning the 6 tablets. The residue is soft and is easily washed off with a little water. Get it wet and swirl your finger around in it and then rinse or wipe with grass or sand.

Esbit is interesting :-)

photo lithpark003_zps76afdcc7.jpg
     photo lithpark002_zpsfebf6fda.jpg
     photo lithpark001_zpsacbce5e5.jpg

rowan !

@romonster

Thanks for trying it out with the extra Esbit tabs, that was very kind of you. I just ordered one, looking forward to trying it out.

Dan Yeruski
    BPL Member

@zelph

You're welcome. Thank you for your purchase. I'll ship it out today.

The burner might work better with 6 under a cone. I'll have to try it under my Stainless steel "fire Pot" it can hold close to 4 cups(poor mans liter):-)))

rowan !

@romonster

It arrived today! It's so cute. (Am I allowed to call a backpacking stove cute?) And it included 4 measuring cups for alcohol as a bonus. Now I just have to order a Caldera Cone to pair it up with.

Dan Yeruski
    BPL Member

@zelph

Yes, sure, we can call it cute:-) What pot are you using?

Next week I'll have 6 Ti cones paired up with 3-1/2 cup lightweight stainless steel pots. The kit will include everything you'll need for burning alcohol, esbit and wood.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools