Topic

4oz alcohol bottle

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    M B
    BPL Member

@livingontheroad

So while walking thru hobby store today , I noticed some fabric paints that had 2 things I like in small bottle (am I the only one that thinks this way?). A secure screw on lid, and a small spout.

The difference was, this spout was tiny, and flexible. Its also removeable for filling.

So I gambled $3.69 and brought it home. Washed out the paint. Removed the label, and weighed the 4oz container. 0.57 oz. Not bad, less than 4 oz nalgene alcohol bottles that are about 0.65 oz.

But with a couple advantages. The plastic is fairly flexible, its a squeeze bottle.
    Also, the spout is very tiny and extended. I figured it would work well for sniffing residual fuel out of alcohol stoves, and it does. (It comes in a small 1oz size too).

To alleviate concern about the lid coming unscrewed, I put a small Oring on the neck, that just snugs the top the last ~1 turn. Forms a secondary airtight seal, and also lessens chance of lid coming unscrewed. You can see the seal line in the photo.

A thin 1/8" strip of white electrical tape was used to keep the oring from sliding down as the top screws on , works great. Total weight adder was 0.02 oz.

I think its a pretty good option available locally, but it really works good to suck unused alcohol out of a stove.no lidoringspout

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools