Topic

Tarptent Rainbow help

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Stephen Murphy BPL Member
PostedAug 1, 2013 at 7:47 pm

I recently purchased a TT Rainbow on BPL and I cannot figure out the cluster of velcro that the instructions refer to as the pole tip pocket. It does not look anything like a pocket, the image in the instructions is too blurry to decipher, and I watched the TT setup video multiple times and the "pocket" the pole is inserted in does not look like mine.

Mine hase a loop of one sided velcro fastened to the end of a piece of fabric which has a metal grommet to accept the pole end. There are also two short pieces of velcro at right angles just above the grommet. They appear to be designed to wrap over the pole once the end is inserted into the grommet. But I cannot figure out what the velcro loop is for.

Is it possible anyone could post some closeup pics of their tent pole pocket or describe in some detail how this collection of velcro is supposed to configure. I know I can jury rig it, but prefer to assemble it per the maker's instructions.

ThanksTT Rainbow pole pocket

Nick Gatel BPL Member
PostedAug 1, 2013 at 9:18 pm

Isn't that for laying a trekking pole across the ground and then connecting each corner of the tent. The big loop is for the center of the trekking pole. I seem to remember seeing a video of it a long time ago. Did you check the Tarptent site for videos?

PostedAug 1, 2013 at 9:25 pm

Stephen,

That's actually a 2010 or earlier Rainbow. The instructions on the website are for the current model. Please contact us on Monday and I can send you the instructions for your model. In the short term, the velcro loop wraps around the trekking pole shaft and secures with the "T" velcro above.

-H

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Loading...