Topic

Man missing in eastern sierra…

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion Man missing in eastern sierra…

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Kevin Burton
    BPL Member

@burtonator

Locale: norcal

http://www.sierrawave.net/25773/mlpd-man-missing-another-found/

"The Mammoth Lakes Police Department (MLPD) is seeking the public’s assistance in locating a missing person. On July 29, 2013 a missing persons report was taken on Matthew Greene, age 39. Mr. Greene arrived in MammothLakes on or near June 27, 2013 to hike, camp, and conquer peaks in the Eastern Sierra.

According to his family and friends, Matthew Greene is an avid hiker, rock and ice climber. The last known person to have contact with Greene talked to him on July 16. He was camping at Shady Rest Campground while his vehicle was being repaired at a local shop. Mr. Greene has not returned to Shady Rest Campground or picked up his car from the repair shop."

Kevin Burton
    BPL Member

@burtonator

Locale: norcal

> The Mono County Search and Rescue Team has been notified, but without a last known location, they cannot initiate a search.

Well that's it.. I'm getting a spot device for my solo trips.

I hope he's found safe and sound!

M B
    BPL Member

@livingontheroad

spot = $100 + $100 /yr

PLB = $250

Of course, someone should always know your plans, where you will be and where you are headed regardless.

Dena Kelley
    BPL Member

@eagleriverdee

Locale: Eagle River, Alaska

*Nods*
    The final straw for me, before I bought a PLB, was when a group went missing on Mt. Hood a few years ago. A SPOT, or a PLB, are prudent in my opinion, particularly if you hike alone.

I hope they find him and that he's ok.

Michael Ray
    BPL Member

@topshot

Locale: Midwest

Still missing apparently….

Facebook page

Dena Kelley
    BPL Member

@eagleriverdee

Locale: Eagle River, Alaska

Link doesn't work but that's too bad he's still missing. :(

Michael Ray
    BPL Member

@topshot

Locale: Midwest

Sorry, link should work now.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools