Topic

Outdoor Retailer 2013

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
Will Newton BPL Member
PostedAug 1, 2013 at 2:08 pm

Anybody at OR this year, or have links from people that are? Looks like GG is revving the Virga…

Brian Lindahl BPL Member
PostedAug 5, 2013 at 7:22 am

http://hikinginfinland.com/2013/07/outdoor-news-i.html

Mammut has a 10kmm HH rainjacket at 6.1oz called the Rainspeed.

A new OR Helium Hybrid jacket.

OR also has neat looking windmitts that fold up into wristbands called the Hot Pursuit Wrist Warmers.

Sea-To-Summit 0.4oz headnet and 5.5oz pocket umbrella.

The next blog article is about the European outdoor show which features a 3.8oz air-permeable waterproof Berghaus jacket. Sweet! They also have a 5.5oz synthetic insulated jacket.

Other cool stuff from elsewhere:

A sub-2lb 2-person tent

Waterproof Patagonia Alpine Houdini – 6.5oz and also 10kmm HH

Mammut climbing pants with built-in harness.

Dave Heiss BPL Member
PostedAug 5, 2013 at 12:11 pm

I was at OR last week (my company was an exhibitor) and when I was freed from the booth I had a chance to wander the show. The Sea to Summit booth had quite a bit of innovative gear on display, and I thought their new tarps and tents were promising.

Here is their one-man tent, coming in at about 25oz complete with poles, pegs, and groundsheet.

1-man tent

1-man tent specs

Will Newton BPL Member
PostedAug 5, 2013 at 12:21 pm

…so it looks like GG is coming out with:

– Virga 2: 19oz w/10mm webbing & thicker hipbelt
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjXEmGQlb7Q

– Nimbus Trace Access 70: bigger Nimbus Trace, 10mm webbing, dual panel-access zips like Latitude series
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9mXwvOfZlk

– Slacker Packer: compression wearable drysacks, ~6oz
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUJkbZy1eEo

…and better-shot videos, much as I miss Dan Cruikshank's affable charm.

Will Newton BPL Member
PostedAug 5, 2013 at 12:32 pm

Brian, I think the "Alpine Houdini" is just Patagonia's marketing people monetizing the fact that the 2013 Houdini is no longer a windshirt. ;)

AH

PostedAug 5, 2013 at 12:36 pm

"I think the "Alpine Houdini" is just Patagonia's marketing people monetizing the fact that the 2013 Houdini is no longer a windshirt. ;)
"

Who cares! If it makes me glow like that, I'm getting one!

Will Newton BPL Member
PostedAug 5, 2013 at 12:46 pm

Doug, just use your current Houdini and mix the contents of a chemlight into a platy. Just as glowy, better CFM. ;)

David Chenault BPL Member
PostedAug 5, 2013 at 3:58 pm

Hard to tell from the vid, but the belt positioning of the Virga 2 looks dodgy. Might be the illusion created by a poor packing job. The Trace 70 sounds interesting, and probably has ~1 pound of fat to scissor off.

They loose points for including SUP in the vids, and for models who can't hike.

PostedAug 7, 2013 at 7:54 pm

Look at both the Sea-To-Summit tents and then look at Tarptent Notch and Stratospire tents. Tarptent wins hands down in design.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
Loading...