Topic

Caldera cone on top of remote canister stove?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Caldera cone on top of remote canister stove?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Brian Lewis

@brianle

Locale: Pacific NW

Thoughts about putting a caldera cone and pot on top of the burner of a remote canister stove (MSR Windpro)? I.e., any chance that it could overheat the fitting and hose to have it completely enclosed under the pot and windscreen like that?

To be clear, not proposing to enclose the canister itself – the canister is remote from the burner.

USA Duane Hall
    BPL Member

@hikerduane

Locale: Extreme northern Sierra Nevada

I've been wanting to tinker with a tighter fitting windscreen for some of the stoves in my collection, but usually don't remember until the next time I'm out and Doh!, I need to rig up a closer fitting windscreen. Seems maybe if the cone could sit quite a ways above the ground to get around any parts getting over heated.
    Duane

Link .
    BPL Member

@annapurna

like this ?Scroll through Lynn's photos.

Jeffs Eleven
    BPL Member

@woodenwizard

Locale: NePo

http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=74116&startat=20

There are a few examples on this thread, too. At least the first two pages.

I use my CC on my windpro and it works like a champ

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools