Topic

Caldera cone on top of remote canister stove?

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
PostedJul 30, 2013 at 7:56 am

Thoughts about putting a caldera cone and pot on top of the burner of a remote canister stove (MSR Windpro)? I.e., any chance that it could overheat the fitting and hose to have it completely enclosed under the pot and windscreen like that?

To be clear, not proposing to enclose the canister itself – the canister is remote from the burner.

USA Duane Hall BPL Member
PostedJul 30, 2013 at 8:04 am

I've been wanting to tinker with a tighter fitting windscreen for some of the stoves in my collection, but usually don't remember until the next time I'm out and Doh!, I need to rig up a closer fitting windscreen. Seems maybe if the cone could sit quite a ways above the ground to get around any parts getting over heated.
Duane

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Loading...