Topic

Pink 7d women’s quilt

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Ryan Smith BPL Member
PostedJul 28, 2013 at 5:31 pm

My wife will hopefully be hiking with me more later this year in the Fall, so I planned on making her a 40 degree quilt to see if she likes them versus a sleeping bag. Came across some pink 7d nylon so figured now was the time. She thinks the pink color is a hoot, but isn't too high on quilts yet. Crappy IPod pics below.

Weight came in at 13.7oz before straps, 14.2 oz after. The shell is 7d x 10d nylon, liner is 10d Argon fabric. In retrospect, I wish I had used the pink 7d for the liner also as the Argon is less downproof by a good margin. Oh well, live and learn. Down is 850 fill. Any questions let me know.

Tyryuo

Two
Ryan

Ryan Smith BPL Member
PostedJul 29, 2013 at 4:26 am

Hi guys,

I do a little work in the textile industry and will occasionally have access to over runs, etc. So this was kind of a one time deal unless I ordered 1,000m of it.

Ryan

PostedAug 2, 2013 at 3:08 am

A few days ago, you compared Argon to Nobul for me after making a quilt for someone else. You said you weren't yet sure about downproofness but thought it might not be great. Sounds like you have firmed up your suspicion.

I have read that the Nobul one isn't as downproof as some other materials. Nobul2 is supposed to be more downproof.

When you compared Argon to Nobul regards breathability, was that to the Nobul1 or 2 type…

Ryan Smith BPL Member
PostedAug 2, 2013 at 10:01 am

Hi Tanner,

I was speaking of Nobull 1. I have read several reports saying that Nobull 2 is more downproof also, but I haven't compared. Typically that would make Nobull 2 a little less breathable.

Ryan

PostedAug 2, 2013 at 2:47 pm

I've recently made quilts with both the nobul1 and nobul2 as liners, and it appears so far that the nobul2 is more downproof, as I hardly ever see down escaping from it.
However, the feel of the nobul1 is so nice, that I have been using it on the last two quilts. The tiny pieces of down it occasionally leaks are negligible, and won't ever amount to anything.

PostedAug 3, 2013 at 4:42 am

Thanks Ryan and John.

So v.2 feels different. I figured it might feel roughly the same just a bit more of it. Good to know as well.

Tim Marshall BPL Member
PostedAug 4, 2013 at 10:16 am

NB1 is by far the softest but light calandering makes it less down proof. Light DWR keeps it feeling soft but les weather resistant

NB2 has far more calandering and is much more down proof but also has more DWR which makes it less breathable and a little stiff or sticky and not the best liner for my tastes. Great shell

Argon basically splits the difference on my opinion. I'm considering it like NB1.5. Heavy calandering and light DWR. I am building a quilt with it now but I think it will be a good liner but not shell as the DWR is so light

-Tim

PostedAug 4, 2013 at 12:40 pm

Thanks.

Still got me curious about your new baffles. That may should remain trade secret :^)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Loading...