Topic

Rae lakes loop – tenkara or spin setup

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Off Piste Fishing & Tenkara Rae lakes loop – tenkara or spin setup

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Jeff M.
    BPL Member

@catalyst

I'll be doing the Rae Lakes loop and I'm planning on doing some fishing. Would I be better off with a spin set up for all the lakes? Are there lots of streams along the loop? I have both. In the past, I've found that sometimes a spin set up is nice when fishing larger lakes.

K C
    BPL Member

@kalebc

Locale: South West

I have done the loop, there are opportunities for both, the river has some good spots for fly fishing & swimming. For the Rae Lakes portion, the lakes are big and it would be best suited for a spin setup. I guess it depends how much time you are going to spend at the bigger lakes.

Trace Richardson
    BPL Member

@tracedef

I've fished the Rae Lakes with a fly rod with no issues … hard not to catch fish there. :)

Kyle Meyer
    BPL Member

@kylemeyer

Locale: Portland, OR

Was just out there two weeks ago and caught so many fish out of the northern Rae Lake with a tenkara rod. Spin casting isn't necessary—lots of fish patrol the shores.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools