Topic

New Osprey Exos Packs for 2014

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) New Osprey Exos Packs for 2014

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 26 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    M Blick

@mattblick

Locale: Ohio

Went into my local REI to look at the new Exos 2 weeks ago. They had 2 size Large Exos 58 models in stock. CSA said they didn't have or would likely carry the 48 or 38 Liter models. I asked if they had anything similar in weight/size and the CSA threw me a Flash 45 saying, "give this a look." I'm a huge fan of Osprey so I was initially reluctant. Decided to give it a try and got it loaded up with 30 pounds and did the 10 minute store tour. I was very impressed with the fit and comfort. CSA did mention that the pack doesn't fit everyone as well as it fit me.

Here are the specs Exos vs Flash 45 in my size (Large)

Exos 48 51L 1090g
    Exos 38 40L 1010g
    Flash 45 50L 990g

So the Flash 45 is only 1L smaller than the Exos 48 but is lighter Exos 38; a lot cheaper than either. Purchased.

afterdarkphoto
    BPL Member

@afterdarkphoto

Locale: Central Sierra Nevada's

I wrote up a thread about my recent purchase of an exos 58 and the weight of the lid, things that can be stripped off, etc.

see it here as it is relevant to this thread:

http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=89172

Viewing 2 posts - 26 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools