Topic

FF or WM or Marmot

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
PostedJul 28, 2013 at 1:37 am

So I'm in the market for a new bag for backpacking / camping and would like some help on my final decision.
I hope I'm not beating this topic to death but I need some advice and some honest opinions from folks that have had these bags out 'n about.
The things I'm looking for in a bag are….. 30 degree rating, between 1 and 2 pounds, I prefer a relatively wide cut (about a 62 inch shoulder and 58 inch hip) and the outer material must be durable as well as water repellant. The bags ability to shed water is a big pet peeve for me. I understand that a bag with this rating wont be "water proof", that's what I would use a bivy for, I just want it to repel reliably and effectively. I've spent many nights cold and wet so reliving the past with a new bag is not an option…. at least I prefer it not to be lol.
I have no experience with FF bags or their NANO material but I'm most interested in the Kestrel for its fill weight / total weight, generous size, full length zipper, made in the USA, warranty and lining / shell materials.
How does the NANO material do against a dwr? Pros / Cons?
The WM Megalite and the Marmot hydrogen are the two others that I'm looking at. All of them seem like great bags.
This would be so much easier if I able to compare them side by side in person….. but that's not really an option.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Loading...