Topic

seam seal to protect seams against abrasion.

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Justin Baker BPL Member
PostedJul 27, 2013 at 10:27 pm

I have the mountain hardware scree gaiters and while they seem tough, they have an exposed seam on the front.

I was thinking, what if I coated the seam with some seam seal or something similar?
Would that protect the seam from abrasion on sharp rocks or bushes? Could it make the seam too stiff?

Chris C BPL Member
PostedJul 27, 2013 at 10:36 pm

I use seam grip to reinforce seams that I don’t want to unravel, Will Rietveld recommends doing just that to reinforce trail runners as well

link to article

Brian Lindahl BPL Member
PostedJul 28, 2013 at 4:30 am

I do this all the time. Shoes and backpacks, mainly. Especially for canyoneering.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Loading...